Monday 24 November 2014

No sour relationship with the President-Chakwera

No sour relationship with the President-Chakwera 

The Leader of Opposition in Parliament and President for Malawi Congress Party (MCP) says his relationship with President Mutharika is unbroken and has no bitterness pertaining to the recent incident in Blantyre where President Mutharika failed to recognize his presence at the grand opening of HTD showroom.

Chakwera said, he the incident does not make him feel sidelined by the president even though people are giving various opinions and interpretations.

“I am just me I never depend on someone’s recognition to be who I am because I know who I am. I did not know that that incident is going to be a big issue. But as it turned out there were various comments and so forth, I just want you to know that I have never moved from my positional.” Chakwera said. “I do not seek recognition I seek to serve Malawians, if other people interpreted as a deliberate ploy to make sure that I get sidelined it does not bother me one bid.”

The MCP leader added that ever since, his intent and manner of operations is to respect institutions, office of Presidency and the laws of this country. He gave an example that after losing elections “as painful as it was” he announced to the nation that he called the president elect and gave him his congratulations and wished him well.

Though Chakwera indicated that he was invited to the inauguration of HDT Motor City in Blantyre, he was firm to mention that he will never stop attending development functions that president Muntarika will also be in attendance saying as leader of opposition he “represents” a constituency of Malawians.


“Understand that we are here to serve not to promote our own persons and that has been my style of leadership and will continue to be my style of leadership.” Maintained Chakwera

No comments:

Post a Comment