Monday 30 March 2015

Malawians Enjoyed Luciano’s Show; Luciano Urge Malawi Artist to Remain Original

Luciano "Jah Messenger" did not give fans a dull performance Saturday night at Silver Stadium in the Capital Lilongwe. Some of those who patronized the show say Luciano performance was lively and he indeed made his lovely music come to life.








Luciano who appeared on stage at around 23:00 hours, was dressed in a Rastafarian pale cool brown khaki jacket and camouflage pair of trouser with military boot. He also had put on a conical hat while holding a Rastafarian walking stick on his left hand.
 

The ‘Jah Messenger’ remembered to great fans in Chichewa and could often times say “Zikomo!” (Tank you). Apart from his impressive dancing moves he did not forget to mention "Malawi" in almost more than 20 songs he performed.


Luciano did some somersault as he sings some of his unforgettable songs from various albums and in two occasions, he jumped out of stage to hug fans but with a block formed by security personnel’s they could not easily touch him.


With quality crystal clear sound system, Luciano was supported by South African Group in performing songs among them, Ulterior Motive, Lord Give Me Strength, Sweep Over My Soul, Who Could It Be and Knocking on Heavens Door.



In an interview immediately he finished his outstanding performance, Luciano asked Malawi artists to be original, “Write your own Music and be true” He added, “Aim for the sky, because sky has no limit”

Asked if he plans to collaborate with Malawian or African Artists Luciano replied, “Honestly I respect all Born Afrikan work and I really appreciate. Collaborating with that man on stage was a great vibes. It’s like a home coming for me, its family vibes really. I don’t feel like when am in Europe, I now feel like one with my people. Am going to share stage and productions along with this man, feeling the vibes”
 
About his coming he said “Oooh! It has been a great feeling man, it’s been long awaited and well anticipated. As people kept waiting for me I have been waiting also. So its anticipation from all side”
 
His last year decision to cancel the show following Ebola outbreak in Africa, Luciano said “It was not just Malawi it was an African tour that we had to postpone. We didn’t cancel it, because if we had canceled it we wouldn’t be here today. We postpone for a later date because, at the same time there was Ebola problem there was Chikungunya outbreak in Jamaica. And I caught Chikungunya, I had pain all over my joints.
 
He expressed strong desire to be back in Malawi just to have time with fellow Rastafarian Nyahbinghi’s, saying “I belong to something here”
Born Afrika performing

Born Afrikan owner of Born Afrikan productions has since expressed gratitude for support he is receiving from both Malawians and people from other countries who always participate in music shows he brings to Malawi.

“Am Happy with the turnout and support, I can’t ask for more” he said, “if there is more, then more will come”









“Look I don’t stay in Malawi and I can’t forget what Malawi is all about, I know Malawians love reggae as much as they love other genres of music, I bring them Reggae and am happy with the support”




 However, he said Born Afrikan Productions company will not be restricted in organizing only Reggae shows and bringing artists from Jamaica, but will also promote all genres of music whether Hip hop or House, “As much as Reggae is the core foundation for my company and being an artist, we will also give attention to promoting other types of music.”


Last year in December, Born African Productions also brought Fantan Mojah to Malawi.

No comments:

Post a Comment